unable to Activate HDMI audio in High Sierra 10.13.4 with Nvidia GT 730 Graphics card.

smtkrgsl

macOS
Mobo
Intel DH61WW
CPU
Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2120 CPU @ 3.30GHz, 3300 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
GPU
Zotac GeForce GT 730 GPU (2 GB)
I am unable to activate HDMI audio in High Sierra 10.13.4 in my Intel i3-2100 SandyBridge Processor paired with Zotac GeForce GT 730 GPU (2 GB). I possess Intel DH61WW (may be Intel® H61 Express Chipset) motherboard My monitor is 32 inch Full HD Sony TV-cum-Desktop computer. I have run audio_cloverHDMI-130_v0.8 script in terminal by mounting EFI partition and received the file ‘SSDT-HDMI-NVIDIA-PEG0.aml in the patched folder of ACPI in EFI partition, but there is no sound. All the files as requested for Problem Reporting of AppleHDA HDMI Audio/Post #1/IV are attached with the post.

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2120 CPU @ 3.30GHz, 3300 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date Intel Corp. BEH6110H.86A.0109.2012.1221.1455, 12/21/2012

Attachments

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
I've had a look thorough the files you provided and would make the following comments:
  1. You have a Sandy Bridge CPU, so your Intel graphics will not work with macOS. You need to disable the Intel graphics in your bios.
  2. Your config.plist has 'Inject Intel' selected this needs to be omitted.
  3. Your Serial Port is enabled, you should disable this in your bios, unless you are using the serial port in Windows.
  4. There were some rename issues visible in your ioreg.
    1. The USB controllers are named EHC1 and EHC2, these should be renamed EH01 and EH02 respectively.
    2. The SATA connector has the windows designation SAT0 this should b renamed SATA.
    3. The Nvidia graphics is named GFX0, it should be renamed IGPU, with the Intel graphics disabled.
    4. The gigabit ethernet is named GBE this for macOS should be GIGE.
  5. Your on-board audio is Realtek ALC892, I could see no sign that this has been activated or any ALC892 specific kexts installed.
  6. The only audio shown in your ioreg, as far as I could tell, is the Intel Cougar Point High Definition Audio Controller. Audio inject 1 has been set in your config.plist for this controller. However, for on-board audio you need to setup the Realtek ALC892 audio.
  7. I could see no sign that the Nvidia HDMI is working, even with the addition of the SSDT-HDMI-NVIDIA-PEG0.aml, which I am assuming you have copied to EFI/Clover/ACPI/Patched.
  8. You have the Nvidia webdrivers selected, and I assume installed to your system. I presume this is because your Nvidia GT 730 graphics does not work out of the box in macOS.
I have amended your config.plist to include the renames mentioned above, see attached.

I would check which USB fixes you have applied as I seem to recall seeing rehabman's USBInjectAll.kext and his Generic USB 3.0 kext, the later I believe is non operational in OSX since El Capitan.

With regards the USBInjectAll.kext this requires a purpose made SSDT to accompany it, which is configured to work with the USB ports in your system. Just using the kext on its own doesn't change anything, as far as I recall.

I have also attached a number of screenshots showing the sections in the ioreg that needed changing to work better with macOS.

Screen Shot 2018-05-27 at 11.11.34.png

Screen Shot 2018-05-27 at 11.12.14.png

Screen Shot 2018-05-27 at 11.13.00.png

Screen Shot 2018-05-27 at 11.38.42.png

Attachments

smtkrgsl

macOS
Mobo
Intel DH61WW
CPU
Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2120 CPU @ 3.30GHz, 3300 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
GPU
How can I change entries inside ioreg.? Can you please send me a copy of the changed version of ioreg as attachment? I thank you from my heart that you have taken great pains in solving my problem.

Last edited:

smtkrgsl

macOS
Mobo
Intel DH61WW
CPU
GPU
I've had a look thorough the files you provided and would make the following comments:
  1. You have a Sandy Bridge CPU, so your Intel graphics will not work with macOS. You need to disable the Intel graphics in your bios.
  2. Your config.plist has 'Inject Intel' selected this needs to be omitted.
  3. Your Serial Port is enabled, you should disable this in your bios, unless you are using the serial port in Windows.
  4. There were some rename issues visible in your ioreg.
    1. The USB controllers are named EHC1 and EHC2, these should be renamed EH01 and EH02 respectively.
    2. The SATA connector has the windows designation SAT0 this should b renamed SATA.
    3. The Nvidia graphics is named GFX0, it should be renamed IGPU, with the Intel graphics disabled.
    4. The gigabit ethernet is named GBE this for macOS should be GIGE.
  5. Your on-board audio is Realtek ALC892, I could see no sign that this has been activated or any ALC892 specific kexts installed.
  6. The only audio shown in your ioreg, as far as I could tell, is the Intel Cougar Point High Definition Audio Controller. Audio inject 1 has been set in your config.plist for this controller. However, for on-board audio you need to setup the Realtek ALC892 audio.
  7. I could see no sign that the Nvidia HDMI is working, even with the addition of the SSDT-HDMI-NVIDIA-PEG0.aml, which I am assuming you have copied to EFI/Clover/ACPI/Patched.
  8. You have the Nvidia webdrivers selected, and I assume installed to your system. I presume this is because your Nvidia GT 730 graphics does not work out of the box in macOS.
I have amended your config.plist to include the renames mentioned above, see attached.

I would check which USB fixes you have applied as I seem to recall seeing rehabman's USBInjectAll.kext and his Generic USB 3.0 kext, the later I believe is non operational in OSX since El Capitan.

With regards the USBInjectAll.kext this requires a purpose made SSDT to accompany it, which is configured to work with the USB ports in your system. Just using the kext on its own doesn't change anything, as far as I recall.

I have also attached a number of screenshots showing the sections in the ioreg that needed changing to work better with macOS.

View attachment 528

View attachment 529

View attachment 530

View attachment 531

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
I can't change your ioreg. You are the only person who can change your ioreg.

The config.plist I have attached to this post, has an additional patch for disabling the USB port limit in High Sierra 10.13.4.

The config.plist will change your ioreg when it is installed to your EFI/Clover folder and you restart your hack. It does this by renaming a number of components in the DSDT and SSDT's, so they match what macOS expects rather than what the PC manufacturer named them for windows.

When you boot with the revised config.plist and open IORegistry Explorer the renamed items should appear in your ioreg.

Attachments

macOS
Mobo
GA-H97N-WIFI
CPU
i5 4600
GPU
Sapphire Pulse RX580
NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext will do nothing without Lilu.kext also installed.

SSDT-HDMI-NVIDIA-PEG0.aml is working but will not enable HDMI audio on its own.

Install to EFI/CLOVER/KEXTS/OTHER:
  • Lilu.kext
  • AppleALC.kext
Optional:
  • Remove SSDT-HDMI-NVIDIA-PEG0.aml, NvidiaGraphicsFixup will do the same thing once Lilu.kext is installed.