macOS
Mobo
ASUS P8H65-M (Sandy Bridge)
CPU
i3
GPU
Nvdia GT640
Hi

I just upgraded from "El Capitan" with a fully working system. I updated clover for this update and also removed some legacy kexts that were on the system that were not needed.

I can boot now with no issues in Mojave but sleep is gone

I have a sandy bridge system, Asus P8H67-M. I have also a USB-3 PCI card that worked out of the box with "El Capitan" - works also on Movaje, but just to have in mind I might have way more than usual USB ports.

I tried to fix my issue following some threads of this forum, but obviously things havent worked out. I need some help

I enclose my clover directory. I need to mention that on the folder drivers there are two directories UEFI and BIOS and I'm booting on legacy - my motherboard is one of the first with UEFI boot but it doesn't work very well.

Please, can anybody help me?

Attachments

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
Which Terminal commands and Power Management settings did you have when running El Capitan that you don't have now with Mojave?

The loss of Sleep for your Hack is not going to be caused by the contents of your CLOVER folder. The~Clover folder will deal with booting your Hack

Do you remember reading this guide over at InsanelyMac - https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/299721-sleep-hibernation-how-it-works-and-how-to-use/

And then entering the following Terminal Commands when you were setting/tweaking your El Capitan installation?

Disable Hibernation
sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 0
sudo rm /var/vm/sleepimage
sudo mkdir /var/vm/sleepimage

Disable other hibernation options
sudo pmset -a standby 0
sudo pmset -a autopoweroff 0

Try doing so again and see where that gets you.

And remember patience is a virtue!

freaker

macOS
Mobo
CPU
i3
GPU
Nvdia GT640
Thanks for your help. I have patience and can follow steps :)

Ok, I remember reading that url you passed me, actually I had my hack at the very beginning working in hibernate mode as sleep was not possible.

I checked my post history on tonymac (I was using his software but now I have a clean non-tonymac hack) and I found a post on a thread that helped me to have sleep. It's this one:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/beta-asus-sandy-bridge-sleep-wake-fix.50036/

I had a dsdt.aml before - when using chamaleon - but not since booting with clover (I will connect my older hard drive to see if there is any DSDT.aml in Clover/ACPI). I don't know how to port the changes Toleda mentions on this thread to Clover. Maybe it's as easy as that.

Code:
a. _PTS

Method (_PTS, 1, NotSerialized)
    {
        Store (Arg0, DBG8)
        If (LAnd (LEqual (Arg0, 0x04), LEqual (OSFL (), 0x02)))
        {
            Sleep (0x0BB8)
        }

PTS (Arg0)
        Store (Zero, Index (WAKP, Zero))
        Store (Zero, Index (WAKP, One))
        Store (ASSB, WSSB)
        Store (AOTB, WOTB)
        Store (AAXB, WAXB)
        Store (Arg0, ASSB)
        Store (OSFL (), AOTB)
        Store (Zero, AAXB)
        Store (One, \_SB.SLPS)
    }

b. PWRB

Device (PWRB)
        {
            Name (_CID, EisaId ("PNP0C0C"))
            Name (_UID, 0xAA)
            Name (_STA, 0x0B)
            Method (_PRW, 0, NotSerialized)
            {
                Return (GPRW (0x08, 0x04))
            }
        }
I made the changes you mention and I will tell you what happens when I put the machine on sleep in my next post.

freaker

macOS
Mobo
CPU
i3
GPU
Nvdia GT640
Followup:

Tried a couple of things. First of all tried the commands you mentioned me.

Disable Hibernation

sudo pmset -a standby 0

And it didn't work at all.

My pmset is at this moment is:
Code:
System-wide power settings:
Currently in use:
 hibernatemode        0
 sleep                0 (sleep prevented by UserEventAgent, backupd, backupd, mds, UserEventAgent, mds_stores)
 Sleep On Power Button 1
 ttyskeepawake        1
 hibernatefile        /var/vm/sleepimage
 autorestart          0
 disksleep            10
 displaysleep         0
When I go to sleep computer sleeps. When I woke it up mainboard DRAM red led flahses (prbably because there is some problem with the DRAM) and screen doesn't power on. Computer reset button doesn't work - wich is really weard. And one of the USB keyboard led flashes every time I press a key. My only resource then is to power off the machine.

I found my old DSDT.aml file and placed it in CLOVER/ACPI/Patched but behaviour was the same when sent the computer to sleep.

:-(

Next steps? Should I modify the computer to hibernate instead of sleeping? Is there any hope?

Thanks for your help

macOS
Mobo
CPU
i3
GPU
Nvdia GT640
Which Terminal commands and Power Management settings did you have when running El Capitan that you don't have now with Mojave?

The loss of Sleep for your Hack is not going to be caused by the contents of your CLOVER folder. The~Clover folder will deal with booting your Hack

Do you remember reading this guide over at InsanelyMac - https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/299721-sleep-hibernation-how-it-works-and-how-to-use/

And then entering the following Terminal Commands when you were setting/tweaking your El Capitan installation?

Disable Hibernation

sudo pmset -a standby 0

Try doing so again and see where that gets you.

And remember patience is a virtue!

Tried a few more things. Placed a patched DSDT.aml - one I had from my older build, and a new one patched. Same results. Do you have any suggestion?

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
Other than re-reading the Guide I posted a link to above in post #3, not really.

You could try different Hibernation modes. I use 0, you could try 3, 25 or even 29 and see if any of them work better with your system.

Just change the command to include the alternative Hibernatemode, i.e:

sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 3
or
sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 25
or
sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 29

The guide explains what each mode does.

macOS
Mobo
CPU
i3
GPU
Nvdia GT640
Other than re-reading the Guide I posted a link to above in post #3, not really.

You could try different Hibernation modes. I use 0, you could try 3, 25 or even 29 and see if any of them work better with your system.

Just change the command to include the alternative Hibernatemode, i.e:

sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 3
or
sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 25
or
sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 29

The guide explains what each mode does.

I've tried all modes. No success. It's weird, because mode 3 should work. It's the classic hibernate. But it doesn't. The machine doesn't turn off. It does a classic sleep. When I turn it on it happens the same thing.

It's strange for me, as I use the same clover to boot in El Capitan an there is no problem when doing so. Sleep works in El Capitan.

I think there might be a RAM problem -not that the ram is bad, but that when it goes to sleep there is a problem with the way ram works- . I'm suspecting this as the DRAM warning led starts to blink in red when machine restarts.

Latest posts