Upgrade to Big Sur

macOS
Mobo
Asus Prime B360M-A
CPU
I3-8100
GPU
Zotac NVIDIA 780 amp! edition
Hello guys, I didn't see any post in the forum nor in home page about the new mac os Big Sur, and I didn't find anything on google about "moving my hackintosh from Mojave to Big Sur" for example.
So I'm wondering if there's any restriction about the new mac os and hackintosh world and if my 100% working hackintosh with these specs is Big Sur compatible - and then if I can update without any concern

-Asus prime b360m-a
-Intel i3-8100
-16gb ram ddr4 2400mhz (Crucial Ballistix)
-nvidia gtx 780
-Crucial ssd
-wifi BCM94360CD handoff compatible

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
There are no restrictions as far as I am aware, other than the SMBIOS's Apple dropped with the release of Big Sur (Ivy Bridge and some Haswell systems).

Your system should work just fine, even with the Nvidia Kepler dGPU, with Big Sur. The Kepler cards are likely to be dropped with the next major version release 11.1.0, as the systems that Apple support using these cards will have come to the end of their support, about 8 years for each Apple system.

You will need to move over to the OpenCore bootloader when you look to install Big Sur.

Hackintosher has been fairly silent of late and not provided any guides or updates since February, so I don't know if one will be forthcoming.

You may need to look at the Big Sur installation guide on Tonymacx86 - https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...-big-sur-public-beta-installation-usb.300100/

The Beta installation guide linked should work with the release version of Big Sur, with a few minor amendments.

Personally I will not be jumping on to the Big Sur band wagon till it reaches 11.0.3, as most of the bugs will be ironed out by then. At the moment is will still have a number of bugs that Apple haven't fixed.

I would also advise against updating a working drive. I would recommend you clone the drive and run the update on the clone to make sure it works. That way you still have your working drive available and untouched.

macOS
Mobo
Asus Prime B360M-A
CPU
I3-8100
GPU
Zotac NVIDIA 780 amp! edition
Thank you for your clear answer as usual.
Is Clover dead as project or will they add Big Sur compatibility? Following the tonymac link you provided there's still the choice among opencore and clover ("Option 2: Clover Bootloader (Experimental- Now Working for Big Sur!)"

I will follow your sugget to wait until a less buggy release as far as my dgpu will not be supported anymore - maybe staying with Catalina could be the best choice in any case

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
No Clover is not dead, it is just going through some significant changes.

It is now playing catchup with OpenCore and looking at ways to implement similar features that are present in OC. This will cause some people some serious issues as they work through the changes.

I would recommend if you opt to run Big Sur you use OC.

Personally I am looking at updating OC every three/four months, so as not to get bogged down with all the new changes/features introduced and removed with each month's release.