The 10.15.1 update is the first major update for macOS Catalina and brings support for AMD Navi Cards like the AMD RX 9700XT. As a hackintosher the same port-limit patch used in 10.15.0 works in 10.15.1. Also AMD graphics card users may need to update to WEG 1.3.4 or later and use one or two boot flags to avoid booting to a black screen.
10.15.1 Update Notes:
- Support has been added for the AMD Navi RDNA architecture.
- Siri privacy and history control and various improvements, fixes
- Home App – Security cameras and routers can be connected and configured with HomeKit enabled
- Photos App – Filter photos and view meta data in the All Photos view.
- Various fixes to Photos, Apple News, TV and Messages App
- New & updated Emojis
- Support for AirPods Pro
For more detailed information about this update, please visit: https://support.apple.com/kb/HT210642
Hackintosh 10.15.1 Install Overview
Download the macOS Catalina 10.15.1 Update (Build 19B88)
- Begin the update by going to Catalina on the App Store or open Software Update directly by Choosing Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Software Update.
- Alternatively update with the support page Catalina 10.15.1 Update from apple.com
Hackintosh 10.15.1 USB Patch
A USB port-limit patch is used to increase the number of allowed USB ports in macOS, useful for a motherboards with plently of USB3 ports. A port-limit patch can be used to inject missing USB3 ports by increasing the port limit.
Catalina 10.15.1 works with the same USB Port-limit Patch from 10.15.0 If updating from a version of macOS before Catalina you’ll need to add it and remove or disable any previous port-limit patches.
AMD Graphics Users (Black Screen Fix 10.15.1)
- Update WhateverGreen.kext to 1.3.4 or later
- May need to use bootflag agdpmod=vit9696 or agdpmod=pikera with an AMD card to avoid being black screened
- How to make a macOS 10.15 Catalina flash drive installer
- Whats New with macOS Catalina
- Hackintosher Forums