The 10.15.2 update is the second major update for macOS Catalina and lets you use your iPhone or iPad as a TV remote and makes improvements to various Apple Apps. Radeon RX 5500 and 5500M gain support in this macOS update, but it also requiresWhateverGreen.kext to be updated for all AMD GPU users to reenable HEVC support.
10.15.2 Update Notes:
- iTunes Remote – Use an iPhone or iPad to remotely control the Music and TV apps on a Mac
- App improvements to the Photos, News, Stocks, Music and Mail
- Raises base processor clock speeds to improve performance in Catalina
- Radeon RX 5500 and 5500M support
- Breaks HEVC/H.265 Support for some AMD Cards
For more detailed information about this update, please visit: https://support.apple.com/kb/HT210642
Hackintosh 10.15.2 Install Overview
Download the macOS Catalina 10.15.2 Update (Build 19C57)
- Begin the update by going to Catalina on the App Store or open Software Update directly by Choosing Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Software Update.
- Alternatively 10.15.2 can be updated to with a standalone installer downloaded from the Apple’s support page:
Hackintosh 10.15.2 USB Patch
A USB port-limit patch is used to increase the number of allowed USB ports in macOS, useful for a motherboards with plently of USB3 ports. A port-limit patch can be used to inject missing USB3 ports by increasing the port limit.
Catalina 10.15.2 works with the same USB Port-limit Patch from 10.15.0 If updating from a version of macOS before Catalina you’ll need to add it and remove or disable any previous port-limit patches.
AMD Graphics 10.15.2 Fix
- Update WhateverGreen.kext to 1.3.6 or later
- HEVC support has been removed (temporary?) in 10.15.2 by Apple it can be added back with WhateverGreen.kext 1.3.6 or later.
- WhateverGreen.kext-10.15.2-Dev-Build – Use this developer version of WhateverGreen.kext 1.3.6 if it hasn’t been compiled for release yet.
- May need to use bootflag agdpmod=vit9696 or agdpmod=pikera with an AMD card to avoid being black screened
- If HiDPI stops working for you in 10.15.2 patch it with a Display Override
- How to make a macOS 10.15 Catalina flash drive installer
- Whats New with macOS Catalina
- Hackintosher Forums