If your display has sound and you want monitor audio thru HDMI or DisplayPort you can follow these steps if you have a dedicated graphics card. This guide is assuming your using a Clover EFI learn how to make one with the Clover EFI Bootloader Guide. If you are using integrated graphics see: Hackintosh iGPU HDMI Audio Guide
These steps will work with the latest graphic cards available from Nvidia including Pasca l(GTX 10XX) , however some pascal based graphics cards will require an additional step compared to maxwell. I can confirm that HDMI + Display Port audio work both on an EVGA GTX 1050 Ti and an EVGA GTX 1070 FTW2 with this guide. Also using the steps in this guide allowed me get HDMI + DP audio working on my Gigabyte AMD RX 560 4GB which are supported macOS 10.12.6 or later.
Hackintosh HDMI Audio + DisplayPort Audio
Step 1: Mount the EFI Partition
- Open Clover Configurator
- Select Mount EFI under TOOLS
- Click Mount Partition for [Current Boot Disk]
- Click Open Partition
Step 2: SSDT
This small step will get most graphics cards working HDMI + DP sound.
- Download SSDT-HDMI-NVIDIA-PEG0.aml
- Double Click it to unzip
- Navigate through your mounted partition to EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/
- Paste SSDT-HDMI-NVIDIA-PEG0.aml in that location
Step 3: Kext Support
Some cards will require an additional kext to get audio working.
- Download HDMIAudio.kext and unzip it
- Navigate through your mounted partition to EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/
- Paste HDMIAudio.kext here
Step 4: Restart
- Restart and you should have audio thru HDMI or Display Port
- For reference your EFI should have the files in exact locations shown in the image below:
Some Pascal graphic cards may still not work after following this guide. If your graphics card has more than one display port try plugging in your cable to different ports as some users reported that some of the ports work while others don’t.