Need the sensors working on your hackintosh? With the application HWMonitor you can monitor the health of your system hardware. It’s displays the various stats of your computer components, which makes it a great tool and maybe one of the only monitoring tools available for Hackintoshers.
HWSensors is a version of HWMonitor that can be used on a hackintosh. PC sensors on a hackintosh can a little tricky for some who don’t understand how to get it working and don’t know where to start, but it’s actually very simple.
Why use HWMonitor?
- Temperature: How much heat your CPU Cores, GPU Die, SSD/HDD’s, Thermal Zones are outputting.
- Frequencies: The GHZ your processor and graphics card are running at.
- Speed: Monitor the fanspeeds of your CPU Cooloer, Case Fans & GPU of your CPU, GPU and Case Fans.
- Power: The Voltages being generated right now by your components.
To follow the HWMonitor Guide below you will of course need a working hackintosh and a Clover EFI.
Step 1: Required Files
This covers what files you need and where to place them to detect the hardware sensors.
- Download a version of FakeSMC pack
- Unzip FakeSMC Folder
- Copy the contents of FakeSMC folder
- Mount the EFI Partition of the Boot Drive
- Navigate to EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other
- Paste the copied files in that location
- Your Other folder must contain these required 5 files as seen in the image below:
- Restart your hackintosh
Step 2: Launching HWMonitor
HWMonitor should have been included on ….
- Download & Unzip HW Monitor for Mac
- If you downloaded Rehabman’s version of FakeSMC it should be in the folder you downloaded
- Place HWMonitor.app in ~/Applications/
- Open HWMonitor thru Spotlight/Launchpad/Applications
- No app will open, but you’ll see an icon at your menu bar
- Clicking on the menu bar icon you’ll get a dropdown list you can also select the graph icon to bring up a seperate window
Step 3: HWMonitor on Startup (Optional)
Do this if you want you to have HWMonitor startup when you turn on your computer so that you don’t have to manually open it every single time. This is an optional step and not required.
- Open Settings
- Go to Users & Groups
- Select Your Account
- Press Login Items
- Press the [+] sign at the bottom
- Navigate to your Applications folder
- Select HWMonitor
- Click Add
- Restart your Hackintosh