After creating a macOS USB Installer you must change some things to get it bootable on a hackintosh:
- Configure your EFI Partiton of the USB drive to be able to succesfully boot.
- Set certain settings in the BIOS of your computer to be able to succesfully load the install files of macOS.
STEP 1: Configuring the EFI Partition
After installing the Clover EFI Bootloader onto your flash drive it’s EFI partition will be automatically mounted if not follow these steps:
- Open Clover Configurator
- Select Mount EFI under TOOLS
- Click Mount Partition for Install macOS….
- Click Open Partition
FakeSMC.kext is a file that is required to on every single hackintosh inorder to boot succesfully.
- Download FakeSMC.text
- Copy FakeSMC.kext
- With Finder open navigate to folder EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other
- Paste FakeSMC.kext in that location
STEP 2: Configuring the BIOS
NOTE: If you are following one of the Build Guides skip this step
To boot successfully into the installer certain settings in the BIOS must be changed. Although each BIOS is different, there are some general settings that must always be changed. You may not have all these options in your BIOS and thats fine.
- VT-d : Disabled
- XMP Profile : Auto / Profile 1
- UEFI Booting set to Enabled and set Priority over Legacy
- Secure Boot : Disabled
- OS Type: Other OS
- XHCI Hand-Off : Enabled
- IO SerialPort : Disabled
Now Your installer is bootable. To install macOS with your bootloader follow the tutorial Installing macOS with a Bootloader